Friday 29 May 2009

Its Official....

Just received our Notification letter confirming we are official Adopters and our approval at panel has been ratified. Reading the letter felt like I had won the lottery , I just welled up light at the end of the tunnel. I am so happy my dream is coming through. We have been approved to adopt up to 2 siblings.

What I can say is any doubts I had about adopting vanished after reading the blogs listed in the ones I follow. These blogs demonstrate how powerful a mothers love can be. I just hope when my time comes I can be a successful a parent as you guys . "Thank You"

I will keep you posted on my journey in finding our family...ie find a child or children.

I am going to open the bottle of champagne to celebrate

1 comment:

DeAnna said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm looking forward to reading how God is going to work things out and bring you the child He had planned all along. And YES definitely a time to celebrate, much better than winning the lottery (although with the lottery I could adopt more babies :) I remember feeling undefeatable -- our homestudy case worker even said "I felt so bad, I came to your house and gave you all the what ifs and bad stuff that could happen with adoption and felt like you were just being naive..." (this was 2 weeks before Isabella was born) I wasn't naive, I just went through the worst trial I had ever had and God was bringing us to the end and showing us that He was going to answer. Glad that my blog and any others can help you with the doubts you had. I had them too and now I laugh at some of the really insignificant ones like "what if our child isn't cute?" lol:) Praise God, His ways are higher than ours...