Sunday 23 August 2009

I am still waiting

I know I haven't posted for a while but there has been no progress on the adoption front. None whatever... No one warned us the approval ie home study was the simple bit but the wait to be matched with a child is so painful and agonising.

We were initially told about a little one but in true sense it all went to pots so back to the drawing board. I had spoken to my SW and explained my concerns regarding lack of any potential links and she has pulled her finger out and started looking and sent our details out. The big issue she has at the moment is end of summer holidays so not everyone is around. Hopefully next month the ball will start rolling...

Another thing which worries me is the competitiveness of matching process. From what I understand it is all down to how well on paper you can satisfy the child's need based on the social worker view of your profile. My confidence is fading fast, does no one not like our profile!!

I am slightly annoyed by the comment from a supposedly friend (so to be ex friend) who said
" I cannot believe you haven't been matched with a child yet, at this rate you will need to be re approved again in May 2010, your approval lasts for a year and then you have to go to panel to be re approved"

Thanks for the vote of confidence. We to are aware of this fact.

This the same lovely person who also told me " I need to get my head around it that when we adopt our child will look nothing like us".

Anyway I have taken this time to have a child free life, lie ins, generally sorting out junk from the house.

Our child is out there, but we haven't met yet..

2 comments:

Deathstar said...

Just thought you'd like to know there I understand what you've been through. Going through adoption is quite difficult. You really have to educate yourself and get support - there will be a lot of stupid comments ahead of you. In the meanwhile be gentle with yourself, treat yourself well.

Deathstar said...

By the way, my blog link is www.awomanyourage.wordpress.com. And thank you for reading.

Also: why did the social worker bother telling you about a 6 month old if she didn't think it would work out - you don't need to hear that unless it's truly a match.